Coffee Cake with Cappuccino Frosting Recipe
If you love your coffee, and you love your cake, then you are going to DOUBLE love this Coffee Cake with Cappuccino Frosting!
Time: 1 hour
Recipe by Thando Manyoni
- For the cake;
- 3 tbsp Jacobs
- Kronung Freeze Dried Instant Coffee
- 200g plain flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 200g brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 220g butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp milk
- For the frosting;
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 sachet Jacobs Cappuccino Vanilla
- 125g unsalted butter
- 225g icing sugar
- ¼ cup melted milk
How To Make Coffee Cake with Cappuccino Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 170C and prepare two 20cm round cake tins with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the coffee, flour, baking powder, brown sugar and salt.
- Whisk together and set aside
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, eggs and milk until smooth for about 2 minutes
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the eggs mixture and stir until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into the two baking tins, bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool completely
- To make the frosting, whip the butter and vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
- Gradually whisk in the icing sugar and cappuccino vanilla until fully incorporated.
- To assemble; sandwich the two layers of cake with half the frosting.
- Top with the remaining frosting.
- Drizzle over the chocolate to decorate.
- Serve and enjoy