Kerrygold Bacon & Parmesan Pasta
We are celebrating world milk day with Kerrygold butter and last years winner of ultimate butter master competition, Onezwa Mbola.
Time: 30 minutes
Recipe by: Onezwa Mbola
100g shredded bacon
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 tbsp garlic
1tbps chili flakes
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt and pepper
1. Cook the pasta al dente in salted water, strain and set aside, reserving 1,5 cups of the pasta water
2. In a large pan over medium heat, melt 3/4 of butter and add the bacon and onion and cook until translucent.
3. Add in the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add imifino and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 cup of the pasta water and using an immersion blender, pulse into a chunky sauce.
5. Stir in the zest, cheese and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the pasta and the remaining butter. If the sauce is too thick, loosen with the remaining pasta water