Lamb Pita with Mint Yoghurt
It’s stone fruit season and we have decided to dedicate a whole culinary hotline to these sweet and juicy fruit!
Recipe by: Nicole Snelling
Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 500g lamb neck or stewing lamb chunks
- 1L Beef stock
- 1 tin Chopped and peeled tomatoes
- Hummus, to serve
- Shredded lettuce, to serve
- 4-6 Toasted pita breads, to serve
Mint yoghurt sauce:
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 Cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How To Make:
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a saucepot.
- Add the lamb and brown off the meat for 5-6 minutes until golden.
- Then add the beef stock and tinned tomato.
- Close with the lid and allow the lamb to cook for 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Cook the lamb until tender and you are able to shred it with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the lamb from the pot and shred the lamb.
- Make the yoghurt dressing by combing the ingredients.
- To assemble the pita, spread some hummus on the inside of the pitas, add some shredded lamb, lettuce and some yoghurt dressing before serving.