Lemon Brownies with White Chocolate Ganache Recipe
The lemon brownies sound delicious but the mystery is, how does it taste?
Serves: 16 slices
Time: 1hr 20 minutes
Recipe by Thando Manyoni
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup butter
- 115g white chocolate drops
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Zest of 3 lemons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Lemon ganache;
- ½ cup cream
- 140g white chocolate drops
- 1 tbsp lemon
How To Make Lemon Brownies with White Chocolate Ganache
- Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare a square baking tin
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and white chocolate until melted, then take off the heat.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour and corn starch.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with and electric whisk until pale and thick.
- Add in the white chocolate mixture, oil, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Mix to combine
- Gradually fold in the dry ingredients until fully incorporated
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out with moist brownie crumbs.
- Cool completely
- Make the ganache; heat the cream in a saucepan until hot.
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and pour over the hot cream, stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the lemon juice and combine.
- Spread the ganache over the brownie and place the brownie in the fridge to set.
- Once set, divide and cut into equal pieces