Lemon & Herb Brulé Brie Recipe
Nothing screams deliciousness like Brulé Brie cheese.
Recipe by Nicole Snelling
- 2-3 150g brie cheese blocks
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2-3 thyme sprigs
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ tsp smoked chilli flakes
- Ciabatta bread, sliced to serve
- Castor sugar, for sprinkling
How To Make Lemon & Herb Brulé Brie
- Remove the rind from the brie and place the filling into a mixing bowl, using an electric beater, whip the brie cheese until smooth.
- Add the cheese to an ovenproof ramekin and cover with some foil.
- Remove the leaves from the thyme sprigs, add it to a bowl with melted butter, add the lemon zest, garlic and smoked chilli flakes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the bread slices to a lined baking sheet, brush the tops with the butter and place into the oven to toast until golden brown for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the ramekin with the brie cheese into the oven as well.
- Once the bread has toasted and the cheese has melted remove from the oven.
- Remove the foil from the cheese and evenly sprinkle over the sugar and use a blow torch to melt the sugar.
- Once the sugar has turned a golden-brown colour, serve with toasted ciabatta.
Chefs Tip: You can substitute the brie cheese for camembert too if you prefer.