Mid-week Chicken Pot Pies Recipe
This classic and comforting meal can be done with just a few easy steps and you’ll get to enjoy this delicious flavour jammed dish, packed with tender chicken, veggies and herbs with your loved loves.
Time: 50 minutes
Recipe by: Kelly-Anne Damons
- 2 leftover cooked chicken breasts cubed or shredded
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 cup flour
- 80g butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup Clover Classic Mayonnaise number 3
- 1 1/12 cup frozen mixed veg thawed
- 1 roll all butter puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- Olive oil
How To Make Mid-week chicken pot pies
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degree Celsius
- In a pot add in some oil and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes.
- To the onion add in the garlic, butter and thyme, fry for 1 minute until the mixture becomes fragrant.
- Add in the flour stock and milk, stir to prevent lumps from forming.
- Cook the mixture for about 2 minutes and add in the thawed veg, chicken, parsley, Clover Classic Mayo and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat.
- Ladle the chicken mayo mixture into greased ramekins, using a round cookie cutter, cut out rings of puff pastry to cover the tops of your oven-proof bowls, make sure the pastry hangs over the ramekin.
- Brush with the beaten egg wash and make 2 sits in the centre of the dough for the air to release while baking.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
Chefs Tip: You can make turn this recipe into one large pie or individual pies.