Mince Curry and Rice Recipe
We all have that one meal that just feels like a warm hug after a long day, a good old mince curry and rice.
Time: 45 minutes
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g Extra Lean Beef Mince
- 2 tbsp hot curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes, grated
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- To serve:
- Cooked white rice
- Coriander, roughly chopped
How To Make Mince Curry and Rice
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes or until soft
- Add the garlic and sauté for a further minute.
- Add the mince and sauté until browned, breaking any large pieces of meat as needed.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric and tomato paste and sauté for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes, potatoes and beef stock.
- Bring the heat down to a gentle simmer and cook until the potatoes are soft and sauce has thickened.
- Add the peas and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with white rice and garnish with coriander!