Pull Apart Cheesy Garlic Lamb Bread Recipe
Having your favorite comfort foods at the table is the best way to spoil yourself this weekend! This Pull Apart Cheesy Garlic Lamb Bread is filled with spicy lamb mince and cheese is a delicious crowd pleaser.
Time: 40 minutes
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
- 500g lamb mince
- 3 tbsp Nuts About Cooking Coconut Oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 brioche loaf
- 2 cups white cheddar, grated
- Herb oil:
- 4 tbsp Nuts About Cooking Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 tbsp roasted garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Pull Apart Cheesy Garlic Lamb Bread
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Heat a large pan and melt the coconut oil.
- Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and all the spices, saute until aromatic for about 2 minutes
- Add the lamb mince and tomato paste and cook until browned.
- Pour in the canned tomatoes, beef stock and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Slice the brioche loaf almost all the way through, leaving the base uncut.
- Combine all the ingredients for the herbed oil and spread ¾ of the mixture on each slice of bread.
- Divide the cheese in between each slice, followed by the lamb mince.
- Wrap the bread in foil and place on a baking sheet, bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, unwrap the bread and brush with the remaining herbed oil and serve.
Chefs Tip: For this recipe, you can use any loaf of bread that you prefer, brioche is great because of its buttery flavour.