Steak and creamy, cheese baked potatoes Recipe
Looking for the perfect fuss free meal to woo your Valentine? What about a succulent sirloin steak with creamy, cheese baked potatoes ? Just add love and serve.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Recipes by: Clement Pedro
- For the creamy, cheesy baked potatoes
- 350g Baby potatoes with garlic and herb butter, prepared as instruction
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- Cheddar and boerenkaas from the tasting cheese selection
- Salt and white pepper to season
- 2 Thick cut beef sirloin steaks
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Woolies smokey BBQ marinade
- Serve with rosa tomato salad, or any fresh salad
How To Make Steak and creamy, cheese baked potatoes
- Remove your steak from the fridge and preheat your oven to 180C. Place your cooked potatoes in anon proof dish, that is not too large. In a mixing bowl combine the cream, garlic and grated cheese, seasoning with salt and white pepper.
- Pour the creamy cheese mixture over the potatoes and place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes or until the cream begins to bubble and the cheese has melted.
- White the potatoes are baking prepare the steak by heating a griddle pan over a high heat.
- Season you steak with salt and freshly ground black pepper before placing on the griddle pan, grill for 2 minutes or until dark char lines form then turn 90C to get those charred cross hatches, cooking for another 2 minutes. Turn over and cook for another minute.
- Brush the steak with BBQ marinade before taking off the heat and resting for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the steak with the baked, creamy potatoes and a fresh salad.