Peri Chicken Mayo Vetkoek
With Golden Cloud Cake Flour, you can make perfectly light and fluffy vetkoek that complement the deliciously spicey peri chicken mayo filling!
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
Time: 2 hours
- For the vetkoek:
- 450g Golden Cloud Cake Flour
- 10g instant dry yeast
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- Canola oil for frying
- Peri Chicken Mayo:
- 2 cups cubed leftover chicken
- 2-3 sprigs of spring onion, sliced
- 1 ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup peri-peri sauce
How To Make:
- For the vetkoek; place the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk together to combine.
- Gradually add in the lukewarm water.
- Knead to form the dough, the dough will be soft.
- Place the dough in greased mixing bowl, cover with a cloth and allow to prove until doubled in size.
- In the meantime, combine all the ingredients for the peri chicken mayo, season to taste and set aside.
- Heat the canola oil in a large pot for frying.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and flatten the dough to a 2cm thickness.
- Cut into medium squares or medium circles
- Once the oil is ready, fry the vetkoek until golden brown.
- Turning as needed.
- Transfer onto paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Slice the vetkoek and fill with the peri chicken mayo filling.
- Serve and enjoy!