Pesto Fried Egg Recipe
A delicious breakfast, Pesto fried egg will be a good flavourful way to start your day.
Recipe by: Nicole Snelling – inspired by Sailor Bailey
- 3 large eggs
- 2-3 Tbsp Basil pesto
- 1 Tbsp oil
- A few strips of roasted red peppers
- 1 wheel crumbled feta
How To Make Pesto Fried Egg
- In a large non-stick pan, heat the oil and crack the 3 eggs into the pan.
- Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes before adding the pesto and red pepper slices.
- Place a lid over the eggs and allow to steam for another 1-2 minutes until medium cooked.
- Remove the lid, crumbled the feta over the eggs and season with salt and pepper before serving.
Chefs Tip: You can use any pesto of your choice from homemade spinach pesto to basil or sundried tomato pesto.