Easter Chocolate Celebration Cake Recipe
It’s the perfect time to bring out those tried and trusted recipes and get inspired with a delicious Easter Chocolate Cake for you to try.
Recipe by: Derick van Biljon
- For the sponge
- 1/4 cup of water
- 220 g of butter
- 1 tbsp apricot jam
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups of soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of buttermilk
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 2 cups of flour
- 5 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 5 ml Royal Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt.
- 1 ½ cups sifted icing sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup sifted cocoa powder
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp rum (optional)
How To Make Easter Chocolate Celebration Cake
- Heat the oven to 170 C. Heat the water, apricot jam and butter together in a saucepan then add the cocoa powder and stir until dissolved – do not boil.
- Beat the sugar and eggs together until doubled in volume. Add the buttermilk and vanilla, then add hot cocoa mixture and give it a good stir.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt together, then add to the cocoa mixture and mix to combine.
- Pour into a prepared cake tin and bake for 50-55 minutes. Allow to cool in tin.
- Prepare the icing by heating all the icing ingredients together except the rum, if using.
- Melt the butter or n the buttermilk first, then ad the cocoa powder.
- Use a whisk to get rid of any lumps.
- Bring to a boil then remove from the heat and whisk in the rum.
- Allow to cool before icing the cake. Garnish iced cake as desired (choch sauce must be at room temperature)
2 thoughts on “Royal Baking Powder Easter Chocolate Celebration Cake”
Woolies Is the Best Place to shop this Easter, because their food is always fresh, delicious and they have great savings deals weekly!
They also have wonderful specials running on their delicious and mouth watering chocolate and sweet Easter range. Would recommend it for all.
Woolies is the best place to shop this Easter,
Because their food is always fresh, delicious and they have great savings deals weekly!
They also have wonderful specials running on their delicious and mouth watering Chocolate and sweet Easter range.
Would recommend it for all.