Sweet Potato Boats with Rotisserie Chicken and Avocado Recipe
Of course, avo is the hero of this recipe, Sweet Potato Boats with Rotisserie Chicken and Avocado!
Time: 50 minutes
Recipe by SAAGA
- 4 orange sweet potatoes, well-scrubbed and patted dry
- Avocado or olive oil to coat
- 1 tsp sea salt
- To serve;
- 2 cups cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- Sriracha or Burger mayo to serve (optional)
How To Make Sweet Potato Boats with Rotisserie Chicken and Avocado
- Pierce sweet potatoes several times with a small knife or tines of a fork.
- Drizzle avocado oil over the clean sweet potatoes and rub into potatoes with your hands to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt. Place sweet potatoes in the oven or on an air fryer rack or basket, making sure to leave some space between them.
- To bake in the oven: bake at 220°C degrees until cooked through, for 45 – 50 minutes on a foil-lined baking sheet. To cook in an air fryer: cook at 200°C until cooked through, about 40 – 50 minutes (depending on the size of your sweet potatoes), turning over halfway through the cooking time
- To serve toss the chicken with avocado slices, spring onion, lemon juice and coriander.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise (do not cut right through) and squeeze to open. Top with the avocado mixture, drizzle with Sriracha or burger mayo serve immediately.