Soup with Homemade Croutons Recipe
As we know soup is always good for the soul.
Recipe by Nicole Snelling
- Woolworths soup pack of choice
- 4 slices of bread, (include the crusts of the loaf)
- 1 tsp Dried oregano (optional)
- 20-25ml Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to season
How To Make Soup with Homemade Croutons
- To prepare the soup, add 15ml oil to a medium pot.
- Add soup mix and sweat in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add 850ml of boiling water. Simmer for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are soft, with the lid on.
- Puree a third of the soup and return to the rest.
- Season to taste and serve with prepared croutons.
- To prepare the croutons, brush the crusts of the bread and 2 slices extra with some olive oil.
- Then either tear up or cut the bread up into small chunks.
- Place the bread chunks onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with some salt and oregano.
- Toss well to coat evenly and place into the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with the soup.
Chefs Tip: If you have 1 or two garlic cloves to spare at home, finely chop it and add it to some olive oil and brush the bread slices before tearing them up to make the croutons.