Southern Fried Chicken Two Ways
Winner winner chicken dinner with WOOLWORTHS Southern Fried Chicken range.
Recipes by Clement Pedro
- Southern fried chicken portions
- 2 Cups Freshly Frozen Peas, Baby Carrots & Sweetcorn Kernels
- Frozen Mashed potatoes or Creamy potato mash, to serve
- 200ml Roast chicken gravy
How To Make Southern Fried Chicken with Mash, Veg and Chicken Gravy
- Prepare the mash and frozen vegetables according to the package instructions.
- Heat the gravy according to package instructions.
- Serve the southern fried chicken portions on a bed of mash, a side of cooked vegetables and drizzle with some gravy.
- Southern fried chicken portions OR Crumbed Chicken Schnitzels
- For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1t finely chopped garlic
- 1t finely grated ginger
- 1T toasted sesame seeds
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- For garnishes:
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 2-3 Spring onion stalks, thinly sliced
How To Make Fried Chicken with Honey Soy Glaze
- Place all the ingredients for the glaze together in a saucepan and heat until slightly thickened.
- Pour the glaze over the southern fried chicken portions and serve with some chopped coriander and spring onions.