Steak and Chips Sandwich Recipe
Steak is best eaten with a longing heart and a big smile on your face!
Recipe by Nicole Snelling
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 6-8 potatoes, peeled
- 2 onions, sliced
- 8 bread slices
- 1 ½ Tbsp Curry powder
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
How To Make Steak and Chips Sandwich
- Prepare the chips by cutting the potatoes into chips and place them into some boiling salted water.
- Allow them to cook for 5-7 minutes until the chip slightly bends.
- Remove them from the water and pat dry before coating them with oil and placing either into a preheats 180°C oven or into an
air fryer to cook until golden brown for 14-16 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the steak sauce.
- Place the onions with a tablespoon of oil into a non-stick pan and allow to sauté for 4-6 minutes until they have softened. Add the curry powder, vinegar, salt and water to the pan.
- Allow the sauce to cook for 6-8 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Add the steak and allow to cook for 1 minute before removing from the heat.
- Season to taste.
- Prepare the sandwiches by adding some steak and sauce and top with chips before closing off with remaining slice of bread and serve.
Chefs Tip: If you have beef stock in the pantry, use that instead of water when making the sauce to add more flavor.