Steak Au Chocolat
Mixing a little bit of French and South African together for this delicious dish!
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
Time: 25 minutes
- 5 tbsp Clover Mooi River Salted
- ½ onion
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 60g Dark Chocolate 80%
- ½ beef stock
- ½ cup non-alcoholic red wine
- To serve;
- Mashed potatoes
- Braai steak, seasoned with steak rub
- Parsley to garnish (optional)
How To Make Steak Au Chocolat
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in saucepan
- Add the onion, thyme and bay leaf, and cook until translucent.
- Break the chocolate into the sauce pan.
- Once chocolate is melted, add the beef stock and red wine.
- Stir to combine.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Strain into a clean saucepan, add the remaining butter and stir until melted.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with the mashed potatoes, braai steak and parsley to garnish.