Sushi Hotdog Recipe
Rice to meet you, bring out the chopsticks!
Recipe by: Nicole Snelling
- 2 Cups cooked sushi rice
- 4 Nori sheets
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ Cup Kimchi, chopped
- 2 Cups prepared tempura batter
- 2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce, for serving
- 3 spring onion stalks, finely sliced
- Oil for frying
- pickled ginger, to serve
- sushi mayonnaise, to serve
How To Make Sushi Hotdog Recipe
- To prepare the sushi rolls, wet your hands and lightly pack the rice on ¾’s of the nori sheets.
- Place some kimchi at the base of the rice and roll up the sushi roll into cylinders.
- Dip each sushi roll into some tempura batter and deep fry in some preheated oil until golden brown and crisp.
- Once they are golden brown and crisp place them on a paper towel to drain off any excess oil. Cut a slit down the center of each sushi roll, making sure you do not cut all the way through (like a hotdog roll).
- Add some cucumber slices and sliced avocado to the sushi roll, top with sliced spring onion, pickled ginger and drizzle with sushi mayonnaise and teriyaki sauce to serve.
Chefs Tip: Keep your finger tips wet with water when working with the sushi rice to make it easier to handle.