TikTok Teriyaki Rice Waffle Hack Recipe
Making a meal from a waffle iron other than making waffles, you can change it up and make a delicious teriyaki rice waffle.
Recipe by: Nicole Snelling – credit to @victoriaminell
- 1 Cup cooked sushi rice
- 1/3 Cup Guacamole
- 6-8 peeled and devained prawns
- 4-6 cucumber slices
- 1 Spring onion, finely sliced
- Sesame seeds, to serve
- ¼ Cup Teriyaki sauce
- Siracha mayonnaise, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Soy sauce, for serving
How To Make Teriyaki rice waffle
- Spray a non-stick cooking spray to line the preheated waffle iron.
- Add some rice into the waffle iron and close to allow to cook and crisp up.
- It must turn a golden brown colour.
Spread some guacamole over the rice “waffle”.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and prawns into a preheated pan and allow to cook through.
- Top the “waffle” with the cooked prawns, add some sliced cucumber and spring onions.
- Drizzle with some Siracha mayonnaise and sprinkle with some sesame seeds before serving.
- Serve with some soy sauce and a squeeze of lime juice.