Tiramisu souffle pancakes Recipe
Souffle pancakes are from the flat, traditional pancakes that we usually make, these fluffy, pillow like pancakes with a delicious tiramisu filling will surely satisfy your sweet tooth and to help us bring this masterpiece to life.
Recipe by: Kelly-Anne Damons
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 eggs separated
- 10g Clover Mama
- Bake Margarine melted
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup brewed coffee
- Coco powder for dusting
- For the tiramisu filling
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup whipped cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
How To Make Tiramisu souffle pancakes
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg yolk, flour, baking powder, vanilla, powdered sugar and softened Clover Mama Bake.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks, slowly add in the granulated sugar so that it dissolves and whisk until stiff peaks forms.
- Fold the meringue into the batter until fully incorporated, be gentle and do not overmix.
- Add ladles of the souffle pancake batter into a non-stick pan greased with Clover mama bake, over a low-medium heat.
- Add in 1 tbsp of water to the pan and cover with a lid to create the steam that will allow the pancake to puff up, such as a souffle would.
- Flip the souffle pancake and brown on the other side, repeat until you finish the batter
For the filling, using a hand mixer, beat the mascarpone cheese and sugar until sugar is well incorporated.
- Fold in the whipped cream. Brush each pancake with the brewed coffee and set aside.
- To assemble place the pancake onto your serving dish, add 1-2 tbsp of filling, repeat the process to form a pancake stack.
- Dust with coco powder and serve
Chefs Tip: Place the batter in a pipping bag and pipe it in an upward direction to create pancakes with height.