Woolies Game Day Braai™
Only one way to get ready for the big game – a Woolies Game Day Braai™ of course!
Recipes by Abigail Donnelly and Clement Pedro
- 1 box WW XL Black tiger prawns, defrosted. (6009195975395 XL Black Tiger Prawn)
- Butter 125g
- 4 cloves Garlic , crushed.
- 1 tsp Turmeric fresh
- 2 curry leaf stalks
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Salt to season
- Lemon quarters, to serve.
How To Make Coconut Spicy Braaied Prawns for starters:
- Clan the prawns well.
- In a cast iron frying pan, melt the butter with the garlic, turmeric and curry leaves, over the fire with medium coals, you might need to cook the prawns in batches until they turn pink.
- Give them a few tosses so they cook on all sides.
- Stir through the coconut milk.
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 2T extra virgin olive oil, extra for finishing the sauce
- 2 red peppers
- 3 green jalapeño peppers
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2t dried oregano
- 3T Mint
- 3T parsley
- 3T sherry vinegar
How To Make Ribs, Chicken & Salsa:
- Cut just the top of the garlic bulb off before placing on some foil.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the garlic before securing inside the foil.
- Place the whole bulb in the coals over a medium heat and roast until the inside becomes soft.
- While the garlic is roasting, drizzle some oil over the peppers and place on the break grid to char, turning over often to prevent them burning.
- Once well charred, place the peppers inside a zip seal bag or in a dish with a tight fitting lid to let them steam.
- After 10 minutes, rub off the charred skin and discard the seeds before adding the flesh to a chopping board.
- Season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper, add the oregano, mint and parsley and begin running your knife through the ingredients while chopping into a coarse salsa.
- Transfer the ingredients to a mixing bowl before adding the sherry vinegar and extra olive oil.
- Stir to combine and taste if extra seasoning is needed.
- Serve this spicy salsa with anything savoury that comes off the braai for a spicy and smoky twist.
- 2 tubs peppermint crisp
- Chuckles to decorate
- Chocolate chuckle biscuits to decorate
- Caramel hard crack sauce
How To Make Peppermint Crisp Ice Cream Cake:
- Freeze the tarts and pull each one up on a platter.
- Pour over sauce and decorate with chuckles and crushed biscuits