WOOLWORTHS Apple and Raspberry Tarte Tatin
This tart tatin works really well in a cast iron dish!
Recipe by Clement Pedro
- 150g brown sugar
- 1T butter
- 6 Envy apples, peeled and cut into quarters
- 150g raspberries
- 500g puff pastry
- Vanilla bean ice cream to top
How To Make Apple & Raspberry Tarte Tatin
1. Add the sugar to a pan placed over a medium heat.
2. Add the butter and slowly melt together until the sugar is completely melted and a caramel has formed.
3. Remove the pan from the stove and arrange your apples over the caramel before adding your raspberries.
4. Cover with the pastry, tucking in the sides before baking for 35 minutes in an oven preheated to 180C.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before covering the dish with a large serving platter and turning over to reveal the apples and raspberries.
6. Cut into slices and serve with your favourite ice cream