Chicken Stew and Roasted Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Love is like a delicious stew, when it’s ready, it’s heavenly.
Time: 30 minutes
Recipe by Thando Manyoni
- 2-4 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp flour
- Chicken pieces
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 6 sweet potatoes
How To Make Chicken Stew and Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Fork the sweet potatoes all around and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until soft.
- In the meantime, make the chicken stew; heat a pot and add a generous amount of oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper then brown the chicken on all sides.
- Remove from the pot and set aside.
- To the same pot, add the onions and saute until slightly golden
Add the spices and saute for a further minute, add the flour and cook off.
- Return the chicken to the pot.
- Add the tin tomatoes, along with 1 ½ cup of water.
- Cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Season to taste.
- To serve, split the sweet potatoes in half and spoon over the chicken stew.
Chefs Tip: Adjust the chicken stew consistency to your preference by adding more or less water.