Beetroot & Onion Tarte Tatin
A beautiful dish!
Recipe by: Karen van der Merwe
- Store-bought Puff Pastry
- 2 Red onions
- Fresh Thyme
- 1 Cup KOO grated Beetroot
- 60g Butter
- 3 tbls sugar
- salt & pepper
How To Make
- Preheat oven to 200’C
- Cut your pastry to fit your cast-iron / oven proof pan.( larger rather than smaller)
- Heat butter in the pan and add chopped onions to melted butter.
- Cook until onions start to soften.
- Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Now add your KOO Grated beetroot and stir to coat with buttery sauce.
- Sprinkle in the thyme leaves and set aside to cool slightly.
- Cover the onions and beetroot with the pastry tucking in the edges if it is a little big. bake for 20-25 mins until the pastry is puffed up.
- Invert it onto a plate.
- Crumble over smooth goats cheese and lightly dressed rocket. Serve and enjoy!