Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
A delicious lunchtime snack for the kids!
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup diced bell pepper (any colour)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp Mexican seasoning
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large avocado
- 4 flour tortillas
How To Make
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chicken and Mexican seasoning to the pan and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the onion, pepper and garlic, and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Lay the tortilla down on a cutting board.
- Take a knife and cut a line from the center of the tortilla to the bottom edge
- Starting with the bottom left corner, add a handful of cheese.
- To the second quarter, add a handful of lettuce.
- In the third quarter spread the chicken mixture.
- In the final quarter add another handful of cheese and top with a few slices of avo.
- Starting with the bottom left corner and fold it up over the top left, then fold it over the top right and fold it down to the bottom right.
- To the same pan, add ½ tsp oil, and toast the tortilla on both sides until crispy and golden.
- Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Cut in half and pack into lunch boxes.