Cheesy Potato Mushrooms Recipe
Cheesy Gnocchi for the perfect midweek dinner.
Recipe by Nicole Snelling
- 500g Potato, peeled and cubed
- 250g Potato starch
- 175g water
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 300g wild mushrooms, torn into bite size
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Cup cream
- ½ Cup vegetable stock
- Handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Cheesy Potato Mushrooms
- Place the potato cubes in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with cling film and place in the microwave for 7-9 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through. Using a potato masher, mash the potato until smooth, add the potato starch, water, cheese and a pinch of salt. Mix well until smooth. Roll small little dumpling balls from the dough and using the bottle, press the dumplings in the center with the bottle, creating a little mushroom shape.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the dumplings to the water to boil for 3-4 minutes until they float to the top.
- Place the dumplings into a ice bath until ready for use later.
- Bring a saucepan to a medium-high heat, add some olive oil and the onion, sauté for 3-4 minutes before adding in the wild mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms until golden brown before adding in the stock and fresh cream.
- Allow the cream to reduce by half until thickened, add the dumplings and heat through.
- Toss in the freshly chopped parsley, season with salt and pepper and serve.
These dumplings can easily be replaced with shop bought gnocchi if you want to cut time for dinner preparation.
-These dumplings can be frozen for later use too.