Stuffed Gem Squash Recipe
A stuffed gem squash is a quick and easy meal to make and enjoy in the comfort of your home.
Recipe by Nicole Snelling
- Woolworths soup pack of choice
- 3 Gem squash, halved
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 tin chopped tomato
- 20-25ml Olive oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- Salt and pepper, to season
How To Make Stuffed Gem Squash
- Remove the seeds from the gem squash and place the halves in some boiling salted water for 10 minutes and then place them onto a baking tray.
- Season the gem squash with some salt and pepper.
- To make the stuffing, add the onion to a pot with some oil and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the veggies from the soup pack, spices and tinned tomato.
- Cover the veggies with some water and allow to cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow the vegetables to cook through and season with salt and pepper.
- Make sure to top up the veggies with water to allow for the mixture to be saucy.
- Stuff the veggies into squash and serve.
Chefs Tip: We recommend using the lentil and barley soup mix.