Chocolate Mayo Cake Recipe
The surprise ingredient of Clover Classic Mayonnaise takes this chocolate cake to first class!
Recipe by: Monicia Horne
• For the cake:
• 1 ¾ cup Castor sugar
• 1 ½ cup vegetable oil
• ¼ Strong coffee
• 1 Cup Clover Classic Mayonnaise, 1
• 1 tbsp White vinegar
• 1 ½ cup cake flour
• 1 cup Cocoa powder
• 1 tsp Bicarb
• 1 tsp salt
• 250 ml Cream
• 500g Dark Chocolate, chopped
• Coatings of your choice for truffles, such as chopped nuts, cocoa powder, coconut, etc.
• Edible flowers
How To Make Chocolate Mayo Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180.
2. Lightly grease a bundt tin with baking spray. 3. Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, bicarb and salt.
4. Make a well in the centre. Add the mayo, coffee, vinegar and oil. Mix until well combined. 5. Pour into the bundt tin and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. 6. Remove from the tin while the cake is still slightly warm. Set aside and allow to cool.
To make the ganache:
1. Heat the cream in a medium saucepan. Do not let the cream boil.
2. Pour in the chopped chocolate. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before giving the mix a stir.
3. Once combined, pour half of the ganache over the cooled bundt cake. Place the other half of the ganache in the fridge to set.
4. Once set, remove from the fridge and roll into even-sized truffle balls. Roll through your favourite coatings. Decorate your bundt cake with the chocolate balls and edible flowers
Serve and enjoy!
Chefs Tip: In a rush? Use a pre-mixed cake kit and add the mayo instead of oil/milk