Stone Fruit Custard Cake Recipe
Celebrate stone fruit season with this cake, served with creamy Clover Classic Custard!
Time: 1 hour
Recipe by: Kelly-Anne Damons
• 1 ½ cup castor sugar
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 2 cups of flour
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 125g butter
• ½ cup sunflower oil
• ½ cup milk
• ½ cup Clover Classic Custard
• Pinch of salt
• 1 plum
• 1 yellow nectarine
• 1 peach
• Clover Classic Custard for serving
• Edible flowers for garnishing
How To Make Stone Fruit Custard Cake
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add in the eggs, vanilla, Clover Classic custard, milk, oil and mix until well combined.
4. Sift in the dry ingredients and fold the wet ingredients until a thick smooth batter forms.
5. Halve the stone fruits and remove the pips.
6. In a thoroughly greased and lined cake tin, place the stone fruit and gently pour over the cake batter.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Garnish with edible flowers and serve with Clover Classic Custard.
Chefs Tip: To get the pale, creamy thick consistency with a light texture in the cake crumb, ensure the butter is softened before creaming it with the sugar.