Beef Fried rice Recipe
This more-ish savoury dish, packed with Asian flavours is the way to go, So good you might have to make it twice, it’s the perfect way to use day old rice or any leftovers you might have in the fridge and super easy to make.
Recipe by: Kelly-Anne Damons
- 500g beef mince
- 4-6 cup leftover rice
- ½ onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic, chili and ginger paste
- 2tbsp gochujang paste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup teriyaki or oyster sauce
- Bean sprouts optional
- Toasted sesame seed
- Spring onion finely sliced
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- Chili crunch
- For the spicy dressing
- 1.2 cup Clover Bliss Double Cream Yoghurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 green chili
- A handful coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make Beef Fried rice
- In a large skillet or wok over medium -high heat, add in the oil and mince, allow the mince to cook through and brown.
- Once browned add in the onion, garlic, ginger, chili paste and cook until fragrant.
- To the mince add in the gochujang paste, soy sauce, chili flakes, teriyaki, rice vinegar, spring onion, stir to combine the ingredients and cook for about 3 minutes for the flavours to release.
- Finish off by drizzling in some sesame oil and remove from the heat.
- For the spicy mayo combine the ingredients into a bowl.
- Dish the rice into serving bowls and garnish with sesame seeds, bean sprouts and spring onion, chili crunch and a drizzling of the spicy mayo.
Chefs Tip: Add in the chili according to suit your heat tolerance.