5 ingredient ice cream hack Recipe
Savoring a scrumptious bowl full of gelato or ice cream will make you scream for more of the deliciousness.
Recipe by: Monicia Horne
- 1,5 cups Nolac milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 ½ cup Nolac dairy snack, any flavour
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
How To Make 5 ingredient ice cream hack
- Combine the Nolac milk and sugar in a saucepan and stir until it starts to steam and sugar is dissolved.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks until smooth.
- Slowly temper the eggs by adding some of the hot milk mixture to the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Pour the yolk mixture to the saucepan with the milk and stir on a low heat. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour the milk mixture through a sieve into a bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil into the milk mixture. Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, whisk in the Nolac dairy snack until well combined. Place into a freezer safe container and place baking paper over the top to prevent freezer burn.
- Freeze until set and serve.
Chefs Tip: You can also add vanilla essence and salt flakes to enhance the flavour.