Butter Chicken Jaffles Recipe
Combining the Classic way of making a toasty sandwich using a jaffle iron, with a flavourful creamy butter chicken filling.
Time: 15 minutes
Recipe by: Kelly-Anne Damons
- 2 Chicken breast cubed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp butter/ghee
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic ginge,chili paste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp chili (powder optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cardomom pods
- ½ tbsp garam masala
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A handful fresh coriander
- ½ cup Clover Classic dairy snack, plain flavour
- Softened Butter for toasting
- 6 slices thick white bread
How To Make Butter Chicken Jaffles
- In a large bowl combine the ground spice, ½ cup Clover Classic Dairy snack and allow the mixture to marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a pot over medium heat, add in the oil, butter, onion, whole spices and cook until the onion has softened.
- To the onion add in the garlic, ginger, chili paste, tomato paste and fry for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook for about 8-10 minutes until chicken in cooked through.
- Add water as needed.
- Add in the coriander, season to taste and allow the butter chicken to cool.
- Place a slice of bread buttered side down on a tray. Spoon the butter chicken mixture in the middle of the bread, cover with another slice bread, butter on outside.
- Repeat until the butter chicken is finished.
- Spray the jaffle irons with non-stick spray. Heat the jaffle iron on the open gas flames.
- Insert the first jaffle and close the jaffle iron, cut the crusts off with a sharp knife.
- Toast both sides at 30 second intervals before turning for about 2 minutes Remove the jaffle and repeat.
- Serve hot.