5 Ingredient Aglio E Olio Recipe
Spaghetti aglio e olio is a traditional Italian pasta dish originating from Naples and Clover Olive Pride is the perfect pairing.
Recipes by: Kelly-Anne Damons
- 1 packet spaghetti
- ½ cup Clover Olive
- Pride EVOO
- 5 garlic cloves
- ½ Parmesan cheese grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon juice
- Chili flakes
How To Make 5 Ingredient Aglio E Olio
- Cook the pasta according to packaging instructions.
- Reserve some of the pasta water. In a large pan heat the olive oil and add in the sliced garlic, fry until the garlic becomes fragrant and lightly browned, be careful to not burn the garlic.
- Add in about 1 1/2 cups of the reserved pasta water to the garlic and allow the liquid to reduce by ½.
- Season with salt, pepper and add in the parsley and cooked pasta.
- Toss to combine, dish into serving dishes and generously sprinkle over grated parmesan.
Chefs Tip: The key to this dish is slowly toasting the garlic to a perfect golden brown if too light, you don’t get the full flavour, if too dark, it gets bitter.