French Toast Crumpets Recipe
French Toast crumpets are a level up of the normal French Toast and is just as easy to make.
Recipe by: Monicia Horne
- X1 pack crumpet or pancake ready mix
- X1 Sip Up, chocolate or marula flavour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup pecan or walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
How To Make French Toast Crumpets
- Prepare the crumpet or pancake mixture according to pack instructions and swop out the milk with Sip Up.
- Make sure the batter is thick. If too dry, add milk.
- Use a round cookie cutter to fry off the crumpets and set aside. It helps to get a perfect, round and thick crumpet.
- In a bowl, combine the ½ cup milk, egg, and cinnamon. Mix until well incorporated.
- Place the crumpet into the egg mixture and allow to soak on both sides.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and gently fry the soaked crumpets until golden brown.
- Place the crumpet onto serving plate and top with nuts, ice cream and maple syrup when serving.
Chefs Tip: Make the batter the night before so that the flavours can get to know each other.