Hot Cross Bun Bread & Butter Mallow Pudding Recipe
This Hot Cross Bun Bread and Butter Mallow Pudding is a great way to use up your leftover Easter treats from this past weekend.
- 6 chocolate hot cross buns
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 12 beacon whippy marshmallow egg
- 1 beacon milk chocolate chopped
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
How To Make Hot Cross Bun Bread & Butter Mallow Pudding
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Slice the buns in half and add the bottom halves to a greased oven proof dish.
- Spread the buns with strawberry jam.
- Add 2 beacon whippy marshmallows to each bun and top with the remaining halved bun.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, spices, vanilla, eggs and milk.
- Pour the egg mixture over the buns.
- Roughly chop the chocolate and sprinkle over the pudding.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the egg is set.
- Garnish with any left over Easter treats and serve.
Chefs Tip: This decadent dessert can be served with ice cream, cream, custard, and fresh berries.