Lactose-Free Soft Cheese Recipe
Don’t shy away from cheese when you can make your own lactose-free cheese!
Recipe by: Monicia Horne
- 1,5 Litre Nolac milk
- 5 tbsp distilled vinegar
- Bowl with cool water
How To Make Lactose-Free Soft Cheese
- Pour the milk into a large pot and place onto a medium-low heat.
- Turn off the heat and add in the vinegar.
- Stir for 30 seconds so that it mixes evenly.
- The milk will start to curdle.
- Add the lid of the pot and allow to sit for 15-20 minutes
- Gather the curd by taking a spoon or spatula and bring the curd to the side against the pot.
- Then remove the curd from the whey and place it in a bowl.
- Use very clean hands or wear gloves and grab the curd and cup it in your hands and gently squeeze.
- Heat the whey in the pot to soak and stretch the cheese in that.
- Once you get the homemade cheese to temp of about 70C, start stretching the cheese.
- Stretch then shape it into a ball and place into the bowl with cool water.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.