Mexican Chili Recipe
Whip up a batch of this comfort food bursting with Mexican flavors, that will surely fill bellies all around.
Recipes by: Kelly-Anne Damons
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 green or red pepper chopped
- 4 gloved of garlic minced
- 2-3 tbsp worstershire sauce
- 2 chipotle pepper chilies finely chopped
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tin chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 blocks of dark chocolate
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 can red kidney beans rinsed
- 1 ½ cups uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- For serving
- Jalapeno slices
- Lime cheeks
- Nacho chips
- Clover Bliss Double cream yoghurt
How To Make Mexican Chili
- In a large pot heat the oil, add in the onion, green pepper and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add in the beef mince and allow the mince to brown in the pot.
- Add in the worstershire sauce, cumin chilli, tomato, chipotle peppers, sugar, stock, quinoa, chocolate, stir and cook for 15-20 minutes until the quinoa is cooked through and sauce thickens.
- Add in the kidney beans and season to taste.
- Dish the chili into serving bowls or jars and garnish with fresh jalapeno slices, coriander springs, lime cheeks and dollops of Clover Bliss double cream yoghurt.