Pork Belly Sliders with Mango and Pineapple Salsa Recipe
These sticky melt-in-your-mouth pork belly slider with a fresh mango and pineapple salsa make for the perfect entertaining recipe.
Time: 4 hours
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
- 1kg Pork Belly, scored
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 birds eye chili, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ fresh pineapple, peeled and core removed
- 1 mango, peeled and core removed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- Handful fresh coriander
- 1 lime, juiced
- 16 slider rolls
- 1 cup siracha mayo
- 300g Mixed Leaf Salad
How To Make Pork Belly Sliders with Mango and Pineapple Salsa
- To a large mixing bowl, add the pork belly, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, birds eye chilli, rice vinegar, ginger and garlic.
- Toss and rub in to evenly coat the pork belly. Cover with cling wrap and allow to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 160C and prepare a roasting pan.
- In the meantime, make the salsa by chopping the pineapple and mange into small cubes.
- Place in a bowl and add the red onion, red pepper, fresh coriander, lime and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and set aside.
- Transfer the pork belly and all the marinade to the roasting pan, roast in the oven for 2 hours or until done.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven.
- Half the slider buns, spoon over mayo, followed by lettuce.
- Cut the pork into squares similar in size to sliders and place on the lettuce.
- Finish off with the salsa and top with the bun.
- Serve immediately