Rice Krispie Panna Cotta
Sophistication meets nostalgia! This dessert combines the creaminess of traditional panna cotta with the crunchy texture of Rice Krispie treats!
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
Time: 5 hours
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ tbsp vanilla essence
- 10g gelatine
- Biscuit base:
- 1 ½ cup Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
- ½ cup caramel treat
- ½ cup white chocolate, melted
- 1 cup Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
- ½ cup Salted pretzels
How To Make Rice Krispie Panna Cotta
- Add 3 tbsp of water to a small bowl, sprinkle over the gelatine powder and leave to bloom until water is fully dissolved.
- In a large saucepan bring the cream, milk and sugar to a boil and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Lower the heat to a simmer.
- Pour some of the hot cream mixture from the saucepan into the bowl of gelatine and stir to dissolve.
- Add the gelatine mixture to the saucepan and stir until dissolved.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the vanilla essence and stir.
- Divide the mixture among 4-6 ramekins or panna cotta moulds and cool to room temperature.
- Cover with cling wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
- In the meantime, fold together all the ingredients for the base.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spread the Rice Krispie mixture on the baking tray about 1cm thick and place in the freezer to set.
- Once set, using a large cookie cutter that’s similar in size to the ramekins/ panna cotta moulds, cut out Rice Krispie disks.
- Set aside in the fridge until ready to plate.
- For the topping;
Toast the Rice Krispies in a pan, add the crushed pretzels and toss.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle a bit of gold dust and toss.
- To assemble; place a Rice Krispie base in the centre of a plate, unmould the panna cotta onto the base and top with the toasted Rice Krispies mixture