Sweet Potato and Roasted Beet Warm Salad with Feta and Walnuts Recipe
This sweet potato and roasted beet warm salad with feta and walnuts is the perfect recipe to give beetroot it’s flowers.
Time: 45 minutes
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
- 500g beetroot, peeled and quartered
- 500g sweet potato, cut into bite sized chunks
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked barley
- 2 blocks feta
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- Handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
How To Make Sweet Potato and Roasted Beet Warm Salad with Feta and Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the beetroot and sweet potato in a large bowl, add the spices, season with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the olive oil.
- Toss to coat.
- Transfer the beetroot and sweet potato to a sheet pan and spread out evenly.
- Roast in the oven for 35 minutes or until veggies are tender, tossing halfway through cooking.
- Once the veggies are cooked, add the barley to the pan and toss.
- Transfer to a serving dish and crumbled over the feta, sprinkle over the walnuts and parsley.