White Chocolate and Peach Trifle
Dig into layers of decadence with this extraordinary version of a trifle!
Recipe by: Thando Manyoni
Time: 1 hour
- For the shortbread:
- 600g Golden Cloud Cake Flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 230g sugar
- 400g butter, chilled
- For the mousse:
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 500ml double thick cream
- 500g mascarpone
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 240g Beacon Heavenly Ivory Cream Chocolate
- 3x80g packets Raspberry flavoured jelly
- 1 can KOO Peach Halves in syrup, drained cut into wedges
- To garnish (optional);
- ¼ crushed freeze-dried raspberries
- Edible flowers
How To Make
- Prepare the jelly according to package instructions and set aside to cool.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture into the trifle bowl and place both bowls in the fridge to set.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and sugar into a bowl then transfer to a food processor
- Add the butter and blitz until combines
- Turn out onto the baking sheet and press to form a flat surface
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned
- To make the mousse; break the beacon chocolate into a bowl and place over pot of simmering water to melt.
- Remove the bowl from pot and set aside
- In a separate bowl, cream the egg yolks and sugar until pale.
- Place the bowl over the simmering water and whisk until doubled in volume.
- Remove from the pot and whisk until cooled.
- Once cooled, add the cream and whisk to soft peaks.
- Add the mascarpone and vanilla and whisk to stiff peaks
- Fold in the melted chocolate gradually.
- To assemble: Crush the baked short bread and add 1/3 of crushed biscuit to the trifle.
- Add 1/3 of the sliced peaches
- Top with a 1/3 of the chocolate mousse.
- Repeat this process two more times.
- Garnish with the freeze-dried raspberries and edible flowers